The 14th European Workshop on Lignocellulosics and Pulp (EWLP 2016) will be held in Autrans, close to Grenoble, France, on June 28-30, 2016.
EWLP 2016 will be followed by an IUFRO (International Union of Forest Research Organisations) workshop on Biorefinery on July 1st, 2016, with a common EWLP-IUFRO session on June 30 afternoon.
The conference will be held in Autrans in the heart of the Vercors mountain, one of the three mountain chains surrounding Grenoble. Grenoble can be easily reached via Geneva or Lyon St Exupéry airports. Shutlles will be organized from Grenoble to the place of the conference.
EWLP conference takes place every two years, and was initiated in 1990 in Hamburg.
It is one of the largest events in the field of lignocellulosics chemistry, characterization and use. The 2016 edition will cover the following topics :
- Advances in the knowledge of lignocellulose structure
- New analytical techniques for lignocellulose characterization
- New developments in pulping and bleaching chemistry and processes
- Lignocellulose-based biorefinery
- Lignin isolation, characterization and use for chemical and material applications
- Cellulose production for textile and polymer applications
- New cellulose products
- Characterization and use of lignocellulose extractives
- Hemicelluloses characterization and use
- Lignocellulosics : a potential source of molecules and materials for medical applications
The three-day scientific programme will include keynote lectures, oral and poster presentations. Time will also be left for people to interact, and to discover the very nice landscapes and nature of Vercors.